Something important to read before breakfast! This link is a list of 15 foods that help keep you full throughout the day. Pictured above is #9 off the list, oatmeal, which I eat almost every single morning with fruit and it keeps me full far past lunchtime.
When you start eating these foods it really puts into perspective what an ‘empty calorie’ is. That’s why we can eat junkfood all day long and still be ravenous and keep going, and that’s precisely the scheme we’re meant to fall into!
A week of incorporating these foods can revolutionize your diet drastically, keeping hANGRY-ness and irritability at bay, making you feel healthier, improving your digestion, and helping to eliminate cravings on the daily :)
A few extra tips:
- ALWAYS drink a cup or two of water before you snack or before your meals, dehydration is often confused as hunger because the symptoms are so similar! ( x
- Adding a scoop of protein powder to oatmeal, smoothies, the milk from your cereal, or into yogurt to keep you satiated for MUCH longer
- Fiber fiber fiber fiber, whole grain bread instead of white, mini wheats instead of cocoa puffs.
- Eating a tablespoon of peanut butter with your banana keeps you full twice as long as eating it alone, and it’s the perfect snack to curb any salty/sweet cravings
- Tea is a good alternative to any calorie-packed soft drinks or coffee drinks, and can be just as sweet with 2 packets of splenda or two tablespoons of agave/honey and a dash of milk. Plus it’s a good way to get an extra cup of water into your day!
This article about juice cleansing is probably the most accurate I’ve read, although I don’t feel they dive as deeply as they should into the negatives.
Adding in a glass of fresh juice daily can make your skin brighter, keep you satiated, and give you an amazing energy boost that almost feels like a ‘high’.
But living off of them for more than 1-3 days can seriously trigger psychosis, damage your relationship with food, make you hallucinate, make you irritable as hell, and can lead to a huge binge at any point.
I see so many people who already struggle with food who are conned into thinking this will be the ultimate reset, and I’m sure for some people it can be, but this is something that should be undergone while under the supervision of doctors. Not done by teenage girls who think they can live off of orange juice, diet soda, and water.
No fat is eaten away until the body undergoes ketosis, which doesn’t happen in a juice cleanse because you’re still taking in calories but not nearly enough to do anything but put your metabolism at a near stand-still. The scale will drop dramatically due to water loss, and these things make it easy to convince yourself to keep going.
The reality is that once it does start to nibble away at some fat, it will begin to eat away at your muscles as well, your heart being one of them. And it is never, ever worth that kind of risk or damage.
As soon as you stop you inevitably put back on the pounds, and then some. Which leads to a huge blow to the self esteem and a cycle that makes you want to keep trying again.
This is one of those things that’s super trendy simply because it sets you up for failure but convinces you it’s your fault.
It’s not your fault, it’s human nature to eat food, we are not filter feeders.
If you can’t stick to something for your entire life, it’s not a solution for weight loss. If you can’t live without bread and carbs forever, don’t cut them out! Moderate them! Same goes for sweets and junkfood.
Depriving yourself will ultimately lead to developing ticks and bad habits when it comes to food choice, it does much worse for your self-control than it does good.
Eat what you enjoy, eat what makes your body function at it’s highest level, and do it because it’s what you deserve for your whole life. Not just a few weeks of torment for a cruise or a date or the summer.
Life is happening right now, and every day you stay conscious of that ensures a happier future.
Alright, hello my little bb’s! I am finally going to be updating this blog frequently to bestow upon you all the shit I know about stuff & things.
I’m going to scour my archive for frequently asked advice questions and compile a page with all of them individually tagged, that should make it a lot easier for you guys to navigate through when you need halps and I don’t see your questions right away.
This is also going to be where I post my items for sale, selfies, recipes, and tutorials on hair and make-up :3
So if you’re not following this blog yet, you should be! And if you are, thanks for sticking around and being patient ^0^
Tumbl on \m/
It’s easier to admit your flaws and faults and fuck-ups when you’re self confident.
Confidence isn’t made up of ego boosts and approval, it is purely the evolution of self-acceptance into self-love. Realizing there is no good without the bad and not glorifying the positive to hide the negative. Letting it be as it is and not creating any sort of illusion, putting it all out there instead of living with the fear of having it exposed. And knowing that your shortcomings are a part of the process that makes you beautiful.
Without obstacles to overcome we’d be living on a plateau of perpetual mediocrity. Never growing, never learning what it is to bind yourself back together after life rips you a new asshole. There is no sort of stitch for metaphysical scars. You have to grow tough skin all on your own to fill the gaps inside of your soul. You have to become something more.
Confidence is a state of mind that can’t be brought on by others, you are blind until you ratchet your own eyes open. And it isn’t a constant, either.
There is no constant.
Being human, possessing such an enormous pallet of emotions, is something to be treasured, not loathed. We should appreciate every opportunity we have to take advantage of it.
I try not to fear inconsistency.
We are constantly fluctuating, ever-changing.
Embracing these things is the biggest lesson I’m trying to learn these days.
5 am and I’m beating it into my skull.
Acting like I know something.
A rare moment of clarity that sticks.
Hello tumblr users! Please take my trash!
Here’s what you do if you want this shit:
- Follow me here & here c:
- Must Reblog
- “Like”s will not be chosen as winner, but feel free to like this post.
- No international shipping, I don’t think I can afford that ;__; sorry!
- Full bottle of Roux Fanci-Full temp hair color rinse in 52: White Minx (kind of like a temporary toner, it intensifies the look of platinum hair greatly. You put it in your hair after you shower, blow-dry it and then it washes out when you next shampoo. will not work unless your hair is already very, very light.)
- Manic Panic semi-perm hair dye in ‘Purple Haze’: half-full
- Color Jamz semi-perm hair dye in ‘Party Time Pink’: 2/3’s full
- Punky Colour semi-perm conditioning hair dye in ‘Turquoise’: half-full
- ‘N Rage Color demi-perm hair dye in ‘Cobalt Blue’: half-full
- Smoothing serum: half-full (Generic brand is actually sold at Sally Beauty Supply and is a pretty decent brand, it’s what I use when I run out of my more expensive stuff.)
- L’oreal Magic Smooth Souffle foundation in ‘510 Light Ivory’: used twice (with a clean make-up brush.)
I’ll choose the winner on May 31st and contact them via ask-box, if they don’t reply within a day I’ll choose someone else.
I’ll be using a random number generator, so reblogging more-often will increase the probability of you being chosen.