Something important to read before breakfast! This link is a list of 15 foods that help keep you full throughout the day. Pictured above is #9 off the list, oatmeal, which I eat almost every single morning with fruit and it keeps me full far past lunchtime.
When you start eating these foods it really puts into perspective what an ‘empty calorie’ is. That’s why we can eat junkfood all day long and still be ravenous and keep going, and that’s precisely the scheme we’re meant to fall into!
A week of incorporating these foods can revolutionize your diet drastically, keeping hANGRY-ness and irritability at bay, making you feel healthier, improving your digestion, and helping to eliminate cravings on the daily :)
A few extra tips:
- ALWAYS drink a cup or two of water before you snack or before your meals, dehydration is often confused as hunger because the symptoms are so similar! ( x
- Adding a scoop of protein powder to oatmeal, smoothies, the milk from your cereal, or into yogurt to keep you satiated for MUCH longer
- Fiber fiber fiber fiber, whole grain bread instead of white, mini wheats instead of cocoa puffs.
- Eating a tablespoon of peanut butter with your banana keeps you full twice as long as eating it alone, and it’s the perfect snack to curb any salty/sweet cravings
- Tea is a good alternative to any calorie-packed soft drinks or coffee drinks, and can be just as sweet with 2 packets of splenda or two tablespoons of agave/honey and a dash of milk. Plus it’s a good way to get an extra cup of water into your day!